Make these 7 easy changes for staying in shape and you will see a difference!
How Do You Stay in Shape?
This is a question I have received in the past. The answer is simple. I work out and I eat right most of the time. My top 7 of my "secrets" follow:
- Portion Control: Instead of downing a whole bag of chips I will often eat a whole container of cherry/grape tomatoes or blueberries. If I do indulge in chips I will pour them into a measuring cup and eat them from the measuring cup. This way I know exactly how much I have consumed.
- Plan Meals: Every Sunday I make a meal plan and workout plan for the upcoming week using this template. All week I follow my plan as closely as possible.
- Keep a Food Journal: I write down everything I eat and I write down my workouts using this template.
- Water: I drink lots of water.
- Eat! I eat 3 meals a day and 3 snacks a day.
- Eat the Right Foods: Eat lots of fresh fruits & veggies. Get lots of Protein. I don't eat white pasta, white bread or white potatoes with my evening meal (I rarely ever eat them but definitely not in the evenings.)
- Get Moving! Workout at least 5 times a week. It doesn't matter if you are killing it at the gym, going for a bike ride with your kids, or doing yard work. Just do something!
Make these small changes and see how your body responds.
Let me know your "secrets".