The Protein Challenge
Do you get enough protein each day? You should get 1 gram of protein for every pound that you weigh. So, if you weigh 125 pounds then you should be eating 125 grams of protein each day.
Why Eat So Much Protein?
- Protein helps you feel full longer. The body has to work harder to break down protein; thereby, helping you feel full longer.
- Protein helps build muscle. You work hard in the gym. Make your food work for you too. Eating protein supports muscle!
- Protein aids in weight loss. Since protein helps you build muscle it also helps you lose weight because the more muscle your body has the more calories your body burns at rest.
Not sure how to get all of your protein in? Try this link.
Week 8 Goals
- Eat 1 gram of protein for each pound that you weigh.
- Build meal and workout plans for the week (See Week 1 for Templates).
- Record meals and workouts each day.
- Drink 1 gallon of water per day.
- Get in at least 3 cardio sessions of 30 minutes each.
- Get in at least 3 lifting sessions of 30 minutes each
- Eat fresh. Eat as few processed foods as possible!