Aah, Glorious Summer....
Did the lazy and unorganized days of summer destroy your clean eating and workout routines? Did you find yourself planning to eat healthy and workout but then throwing caution to the wind when faced with cocktails and summer cook outs? If you answered yes you are not alone!
Summer is over, school is back in session, and it's time to get started on a new challenge!
9 Week - School is in Session Challenge
Our kids receive progress reports every 9 weeks, right? So, let's do a 9 week challenge! At the end of the 9 weeks we'll give ourselves a progress report! The challenge will address making healthy food choices as well as working out. I love the length of this challenge because it gives us plenty of time to make a real difference!
- Calculate your daily calorie requirements here. This calculator assumes you are trying to lose weight. If you are not trying to lose weight simply enter your goal weight the same as your current weight.
- Download the meal and workout planning template here.
- Download the meal and workout tracking template here.
- Each week will consist of different goals. The goals will be published to NoSkinnies.com each Friday.
- Each weekend you will check NoSkinnies.com for the upcoming week's goals, make your meal and workout plan, do your grocery shopping, and prepare for a great week!
- Each day you will record what you actually ate and what you actually did for your workout in your tracking template.
- At the end of each week you'll review the week you have just completed and grade yourself using this grading scale:
- 100% - I did great! I stuck to each goal. I did not deviate from my meal plan or workout plan.
- 90% - I did great but didn't quite reach all of the goals. At least one day I deviated from my meal plan or workout plan.
- 80% - I did okay but didn't quite reach all of the goals. At least 2 days I deviated from my meal plan or workout plan.
- 70% - I could have done a lot better. At least 3 days I deviated from my meal plan or workout plan.
- 60% - Ugh. I really blew it. At least 4 or more days I deviated from my meal plan or workout plan.
Let's Get Started!
Week 1 Goals:
- Build meal and workout plan.
- Record meals and workouts each day.
- No eating after 8pm
- Complete 2 cardio sessions of at least 20-35 minutes but no more than 45 minutes.
- Complete 3 strength training sessions of at least 30 minutes but no more than 45 minutes.
- Complete 1 Yoga or Pilates session of at least 30 minutes but no more than 1 hour.
- Eat fresh. Eat as few processed foods as possible! (Protein shakes and/or Protein bars with at least 12g of Protein and less than 10g of sugar are okay ONE time per day)
What Do You Think?
Do you plan to do the challenge? Let me know! Comment below!