School has been back in session for 2 weeks now. It has been challenging on so many levels. Getting the kids back into a routine has definitely not been much fun for anyone involved. We are getting there though. I can tell that the more organized I am, the more organized the kids are. This applies to homework, after school activities, chores, and especially meals. I've started keeping a daily to-do list for myself that includes time-blocking for my daily activities (grocery runs, cooking, laundry, etc). It also includes time blocking for my workouts. This has proven very effective. I've also created a daily to-do list for the kids. Seems to be working so far. If anyone would like a copy of the templates I'm using please let me know.
Now, on to the Challenge. How did you do with meeting your goals this week? What was your grade for the week? If you didn't score perfectly don't give up. Honestly, I didn't score perfectly either. Keep the big picture in mind - if you blow it one day don't give up! Forgive yourself and move on. Consistency is key. Keep trying!
Is this the right Challenge for you? If not, check out other Challenges here.
Week 3 Goals
Moving on to Week 3 now... here's the goals for this week:
- Build meal and workout plan for the week (See Week 1 for Templates).
- GET YOUR DAYS ORGANIZED! Plan your days! Plan when you will workout. Plan when you will eat and what you will eat. Put it on your daily calendar and keep your appointments with yourself!
- Record meals and workouts each day.
- Drink 1 gallon of water per day.
- Complete 2 days of any type of cardio sessions of 12-15 minutes.
- Complete 2 full body strength training sessions of at least 30 minutes but no more than 45 minutes.
- Complete 1 Yoga or Pilates session of at least 30 minutes but no more than 1 hour.
- Eat fresh. Eat as few processed foods as possible! (Protein shakes and/or Protein bars with at least 12g of Protein and less than 10g of sugar are okay ONE time per day)
Major Changes from Week 2:
- The cardio sessions have been changed to "anything you want" instead of HIIT sessions and the strength training has been changed to 2 days of full body strength training. This week focus more on meeting your eating fresh goals. The better you eat the less you have to "make up for it" with working out. That's not to say that you can eat fresh and not work out. Working out is still very important. It's like the icing on the cake! It's not required but the results just won't be the best they can be without it! Always keep in mind - no amount of working out can fix poor food choices.
- Get organized! This week you will not only create your weekly meal plan and workout plan but you will go a step further by creating your daily plan!
Let's Do This!
Get fired up! How will you make Week 3 be better than Week 2? Comment and let me know!