Best Espresso Brownie Bites!
Are you craving a "pick me up" snack without unnecessary added sugar and carbs? These espresso brownies are the perfect solution!
These little brownie are gluten free, they have no refined white sugar, they are Vegan, they have no flour, they only have 2.6g of carbs per brownie, and they boast 2.25g of protein per brownie!
What you'll need:
- 1-2 Tbsp Ground Espresso (1 Tbsp was plenty for my family but if you want a stronger espresso flavor use 2 Tbsp)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Ground Pecans (the finer you can grind it the better)
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free, Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder (you can use regular flour if you don't mind them not being gluten free)
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Celtic Salt (or regular salt)
- 3 tsp Chia Powder mixed with 3/4 Cups Water - allow to sit for 20 minutes (or you can use 3 Tbsp Flaxseed mixed with 1/2 Cup water or 3 eggs if you don't mind that they are not Vegan)
- 3 Tbsp No Sugar Added Apple Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Flavoring
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Combine all wet ingredients and mix with a hand mixer for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue mixing with blender until batter is smooth.
- Scoop into a mini muffin pan (I didn't use liners - I sprayed the pan with Olive Oil Cooking Spray).
- Cook at 350 for 15-18 minutes. This leaves them gooey and oh-so-chocolatey! If you want them more firm cook for a few more minutes.
Servings: 24 Brownie Bites
Nutritional Info: Calories Per Brownie: 47, Carbs Per Brownie: 2.6, Protein Per Brownie: 2.25
Let me know what you think of these espresso brownie bites! Did you like them? Do you have suggestions for making the recipe even healthier (other than using black beans!)? I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment please!