65 Calorie Healthy Muffins that DON'T Suck!
I've been playing with muffin recipes lately. I have had a tough time finding a good balance between "healthy" and low cal. Most of the recipes that I have tried have produced tasty muffins but they are over 120 calories each! No thank you! If I'm going to eat a 120 calories I sure as shit am not wasting it on a muffin! So, how do we get those calories down and still produce something we'll actually eat? I'll tell you how - you keep cooking and keep playing with a recipe until you get it just where you want it (well, close enough anyhow).
So, here's my 65 calorie healthy muffin recipe for Low Cal Healthy Muffins that DON'T Suck!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups Oatmeal
- 1/4 Cup Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Splenda (optional...they would be sweet enough for me without it)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Soda
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries or 36 choc chips
Prepare & Cook
- Mix oatmeal, Protein Powder, Splenda, Salt & Soda in a food processor and grind until smooth.
- Use a hand mixer to combine all wet ingredients. Do not add the blueberries or choc chips.
- Using the hand mixer slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into muffin pan (makes 12). Either spray with cooking spray first or use liners.
- Divide the blueberries or choc chips across the tops of the muffins.
- Cook at 350 for 15 minutes.
**Note - I intended to make these with blueberries but in an effort to get my children to try them I threw the choc chips on top instead. Well...that and the fact that I didn't have any blueberries!
Serving Size: 1 Muffin
Calories per Serving: Approx 65
What did you think? Are you giving these a try? Did you try them? Do you love them or hate them? Comment and let me know!