Perfect Brownie Bites!
Have you been on the search for a brownie recipe that your whole family can enjoy? I have!
My husband eats a gluten free diet, I don't eat refined sugar, and my kids don't like anything that might remotely be good for them!
Finally I whipped up the perfect brownie recipe! These little brownie bites are gluten free, they have no refined white sugar, they are Vegan, they have no flour, they only have 2.6g of carbs per brownie, and they boast 2.25g of protein per brownie!
They came out gooey and oh-so-chocolatey! My children won't quit asking if they can have more of them! Yayh! Eat your heart out!
What you'll need:
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Ground Pecans (the finer you can grind it the better)
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free, Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder (you can use regular flour if you don't mind them not being gluten free)
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Celtic Salt (or regular salt)
- 3 tsp Chia Powder mixed with 3/4 Cups Water - allow to sit for 20 minutes (or you can use 3 Tbsp Flaxseed mixed with 1/2 Cup water or 3 eggs if you don't mind that they are not Vegan)
- 3 Tbsp No Sugar Added Apple Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Flavoring
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Combine all wet ingredients and mix with a hand mixer for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue mixing with blender until batter is smooth.
- Scoop into a mini muffin pan (I didn't use liners - I sprayed the pan with Olive Oil Cooking Spray).
- Cook at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
Servings: 24 Brownie Bites
Nutritional Info: Calories Per Brownie: 47, Carbs Per Brownie: 2.6, Protein Per Brownie: 2.25
Let me know what you think of these brownie bites! Did you like them? Do you have suggestions for making the recipe even healthier (other than using black beans!)? I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment please!