Do you find yourself reaching for processed foods? There are better options! These bars are quick, unprocessed, gluten free, vegan, and made with NO FLOUR or added sugar! Try these the next time you have a snack attack!
Almond Oat Choc Chip Bars
What you'll need:
- 2 1/2 cups Raw Unsalted Almonds
- 1 1/2 Cups Oatmeal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 Medjool Dates, pitted & ground
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed + 2 Tbsp Water, whisk to egg consistency
- Grind dry ingredients with the grinding attachment on a blender. The consistency will be a little rough. I like this consistency. If you prefer a smoother texture use a Vitamix to grind the dry ingredients.
- Grind the pitted dates in either a blender or Vitamix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed and 2 Tbsp water. Whisk until egg consistency.
- Combine all ingredients and knead until well mixed. You can do this by hand or in a machine.
- Press into a container.
- Cut into 32 equal pieces. Press 1-2 Vegan Dark Choc Chips into each piece.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes to an hour to harden. Pop out individual pieces and place them in a freezer storage bag and keep them stored in the freezer.
Makes 32 servings. Approx 152 Calories & 4.3g Protein each.
Read about my efforts to rid my family of processed foods click here.
For all Recipe Makeovers click here.
This post was shared on ThankYourBody.com.