Die Fat! Die!
The best way to blast fat from your body is through HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). Study after study after study has shown that doing a shorter amount HIIT exercises vs. a longer amount of steady state cardio burns more fat not only while you are working out but for hours afterwards. So if you want that lean tight body you've been dreaming of you must start incorporating HIIT exercises into your workouts!
Be sure to warm up before starting this workout! Try dancing, walking, light jogging....anything for 5-10 minutes.
Set an interval timer for 8 rounds of 1 minute rest and 30 seconds activity. Walk or jog for 1 minute then sprint for 30 seconds. Give your sprint everything you've got! Make sure your 30 seconds of sprints are done all out - as hard as you can - as fast as you can!
So let's rev up your fat burning potential with today's Sprints and Abs workout!
10 Minute Kickass Abs & Cardio Video x 2
Complete this video 2 times
10 Minute Kickass Abs & Cardio Breakdown
Here's a list and explanation of the moves in the video:
- Military Leg Holds and Pulses - Hold x 8; Pulse legs up and down x 8: Lay on your back, hands behind your head, shoulders off the ground. Press back into floor and lift heels off the floor. Be sure to keep back pressed into floor at all times during this exercise Breath deep breaths while holding this position for 8 counts. Keep the position, pulse legs up and down for 8 counts. Focus on using ab muscles to make the movement. Repeat from beginning.
- Jump Rope Knee Highs
- V-up Full Body x 3 & Lower Body Only V ups - Perform 3 Full Body V Ups then place hands on the floor behind you to prop your upper body. With legs still in the V up position, lift them slightly and lower x 8 (link is to AOL video demo of this move)
- Standing cross knee crunch (Right) - Stand with left arm behind your head and elbow out. Crunch the left elbow down as you bring the right knee up and toward the elbow. Return to starting position and Repeat.
- Good Old Fashioned Crunches
- Standing cross knee crunch (Left) - Stand with right arm behind your head and elbow out. Crunch the right elbow down as you bring the left knee up and toward the elbow. Return to starting position and Repeat.
- In & Outs - Sit in a V position. Extend the upper body back and the legs straight out. Bring them back in together. Repeat.
- Spiderman - In plank position bring leg out to side, bend knee and bring knee in to meet the elbow. Return leg to beginning position and repeat on opposite side.
- Reverse crunch
**This post was shared on The Naptime Review!
What did you think of this workout? Comment and let me know!