This dish is so yummy! Eggplant parmesan without the carbs of the spaghetti or angel hair noodles. Make it with Spaghetti Squash instead.
It does take a bit of time and prep work but there is nothing hard about it. Very simple and straight forward.
What You'll Need
- 2 Eggplants
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan or Italian flavored bread crumbs
Prepare the Eggplant
Wash the eggplant and slice off the two ends. Slice the eggplant into thin circles. Cut in half if you want smaller pieces, otherwise, leave as a full circle.
Lay the individual slices flat and sprinkle lightly with salt. Flip each piece and sprinkle with salt again. Place a heavy plate or cutting board over the eggplant and let sit for 1 hour.
Prepare the Spaghetti Squash
You'll want to prepare the spaghetti squash and begin cooking it 1 hour prior to when you plan to serve your meal. Here's a Step by Step Guide for preparing the spaghetti squash.
- Rinse the salt off of the eggplant.
- Pour 1-2 cups of Parmesan or Italian flavored Bread Crumbs into a ziploc bag.
- Place 2-3 pieces of eggplant into the ziploc and shake.
- Place the coated pieces of eggplant on a baking sheet covered with non-stick foil that has been sprayed with Olive Oil cooking spray.
- Repeat with all remaining pieces of eggplant.
- Cook the eggplant in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Flip the eggplant and return to oven for another 15 minutes.
- Heat a jar of marinara on the stove top. Heat on low while the eggplant is cooking.
Place the spaghetti squash on a plate, add a layer of eggplant over the squash, add a layer of marinara over the eggplant. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1; Calories per serving: 200