Today's workout is made up of 3 segments of 10 minute ab exercises. These are my favorite ab workouts!
Perform all exercises for 50 seconds, rest for 10. Take a 1 minute rest between each segment.
- Military Leg Holds and Pulses - Hold x 8; Pulse legs up and down x 8: Lay on your back, hands behind your head, shoulders off the ground. Press back into floor and lift heels off the floor. Be sure to keep back pressed into floor at all times during this exercise Breath deep breaths while holding this position for 8 counts. Keep the position, pulse legs up and down for 8 counts. Focus on using ab muscles to make the movement. Repeat from beginning.
- Jump Rope Knee Highs
- V-up Full Body x 3 & Lower Body Only V ups - Perform 3 Full Body V Ups then place hands on the floor behind you to prop your upper body. With legs still in the V up position, lift them slightly and lower x 8 (link is to AOL video demo of this move)
- Standing cross knee crunch (Right) - Stand with left arm behind your head and elbow out. Crunch the left elbow down as you bring the right knee up and toward the elbow. Return to starting position and Repeat.
- Good Old Fashioned Crunches
- Standing cross knee crunch (Left) - Stand with right arm behind your head and elbow out. Crunch the right elbow down as you bring the left knee up and toward the elbow. Return to starting position and Repeat.
- In & Outs - Sit in a V position. Extend the upper body back and the legs straight out. Bring them back in together. Repeat.
- Spiderman - In plank position bring leg out to side, bend knee and bring knee in to meet the elbow. Return leg to beginning position and repeat on opposite side.
- Reverse crunch
- Roll Ups
- Jump Rope Knee Highs
- Criss Cross
- Front Kick (Right)
- Ball pass - Hold stability ball between your ankles just above the floor. Hands are overhead with arms extended. Bring ankles up while also bringing upper body up toward your ankles. Take the ball from your ankles into your hands. Extend feet back to floor and extend arms overhead until ball touches floor over your head. Raise legs and upper body and switch the ball from hands back to ankles. Repeat.
- Front Kick (Left)
- Plank Jumping Jacks - Holding a plank position, jump legs out and in.
- Standing Side Knee Crunch (Right)
- Climb Rope - With legs in the air lift the upper body and simulate climbing a rope with hands. Each time the hand moves to the top a crunch is performed.
- Standing Side Knee Crunch (Left)
- Lying Side crunch (Right) - Lay on your right side with right elbow bent and right hand behind your head. Bend knees and stack them. Crunch the right elbow and the right knee together.
- Hands behind your head knee highs
- Lying Side crunch (Left) - Lay on your left side with left elbow bent and left hand behind your head. Bend knees and stack them. Crunch the left elbow and the left knee together.
- Plank in/out feet - Plank position. Jump the feet into the chest and then jump them back out into original plank position. Repeat.
- Boat Twist Holding Medicine Ball - Sit in V seated position holding a medicine ball. Lift feet slightly off the floor. Lean back keeping back straight. Twist to right and tap ball slightly behind you on right. Repeat on left. Continue.
- Military V's: Lay on back with feet slightly lifted off the floor. Be sure spine is pushed into floor (do not allow back to arch). Push heels together. Now pull heels apart as far as you can and then bring them back together. Tap heels and repeat.
- Praying hands - Open arms out to sides. Lift legs into the air and open them. Bring the arms together and the legs together while crunching up. Release and repeat.
- Mountain Climbers
- V Seated In/Out & Hold. In/Out for 8 count, hold for 8 count.
Y'all comment and let me know what you thought of this workout!