This one takes a bit of prep time because you have to cut up the veggies but it is so worth the time. Plus the recipe makes ALOT so we always have left overs for the next night which means a night off from cooking!
What You'll Need
- 3 Each Green Pepper, Yellow Pepper, Orange Pepper, Red Pepper
- 3 Medium - Large Yellow Onions
- 1 Pack Turkey Smoked Sausage
- 1 Pack Apple Flavored Chicken Smoked Sausage (I buy this at Wal-mart. If you can't find it at your grocery store just use 2 packs of the plain turkey sausage instead)
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Parsley
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 2 tsp Cumin
- Cut all veggies into small cube sizes.
- Place oil in a large skillet.
- Heat oil on medium heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add garlic and onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining veggies.
- While veggies are cooking, cut the sausage into small bite sized pieces.
- In a separate skillet, brown the sausage.
- Add seasonings to veggie mixture.
- Once the veggies have began to brown and turn soft, add the sausage.
- Mix well and serve.
Serving Size: 1; Calories per Serving: 255