This is one of my husbands favorite meals that I prepare. It's all fresh and so healthy and delicious! The recipe prepares enough for 2 nights of meals.
What You'll Need
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 heaping Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Each Green, Yellow, Orange, and Red Bell Peppers sliced into thin strips
- 3 Medium Yellow Onions sliced into thin strips
- 1 16 oz Jar Salsa
- Meat torn from 1 Baked Chicken (or 3 large chicken breast baked & chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Thyme
- Whole Wheat Tortilla (try to pick one that has 80 or less calories per tortilla)
Saute oil, garlic, onions, peppers, and spices until veggies are soft. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 10 minutes & serve!
Serving Size: 1 cup of ingredients (80 calories) + 1 whole wheat tortilla (80 calories); Calories per Serving: 160
*Note - I typically ditch the tortilla because it's not a favorite food anyhow and I can have more of the good stuff without the 80 calories from the tortilla.