Welcome to the Newbie's Corner!
So, you've decided you want to start eating a healthy foods and maybe begin a workout routine. What now? Where do you start? Here's a step by step guide:
1. Ask Yourself "Why?": Ask yourself why you have decided to get in shape. Do you have an upcoming event that has inspired you? Have you realized that you are not as young as you once were and maybe you should start taking better care of yourself? Are you tired all the time and think that it is possibly because of your current eating habits and lack of working out? Whatever your reason for embarking on this journey, grab a pen and paper and write it down. It is important to understand for yourself why you have chosen to make a change. There will be days when you want to give up. On those days, knowing why you started down this road in the first place will help you stay on track.
2. Build a Meal Plan: Build a meal plan with this simple guide: How to Get Started with Healthy Eating - Easy!
3. Start Working Out: Most importantly just start moving! For a detailed workout plan and getting started video click here.
4. Stay Motivated: Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. Subscribe to get NoSkinnies Emails. By following each of these you will get notifications when new workout, recipe, and motivational posts have been made.
5. Do Your Best: You will probably not be 100% perfect 100% all the time. You will probably have moments of weakness when you splurge and overeat. There will be days when you just don't want to workout. Try to limit these days (like once every month or two). When it happens just pick yourself up and start over. No biggie.
5. Enlist a friend: Find someone to get in shape with you. Having someone to plan meals and workouts with, someone to talk to in moments of weakness, and someone to cheer you on will help you stay on track.
6. Please Post Comments and Questions: Let me know what you love or hate about the Newbies Corner. Ask questions on the pro's/con's I have experienced with each "diet" and workout I have tried over the years. Let me know that you are making the commitment to get in shape. I'd love to be your cheerleader!
Now get out there and do it!